Monday, April 13, 2009

"Then which of the favours of your Lord will you deny?"

When I heard one of my seniors from MRSM Muar recited this Surah during Subuh prayer 10 years ago, there was one refrain that keep repeating throughout the Surah; فَبِأَيِّ آلَاء رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ ("Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?"), and this sparked my interest to this Surah. Somehow, I feel it touched deeply through me, and sounded very beautiful.
Later on I took time to take a look at the meaning of this Surah. Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud reported that the Prophet Muhammad said, "Everything has an adornment, and the adornment of the Qur'an is Surah ar Rahman" [Bayhaqi in Shuab al Eiman]. And it sure does. For full translation please refer to this link : http://www.quranenglish.com/tafheem_quran/055.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment